Currently MoU are in force with the following organizations,
1) Centro De Investigacion Y De Estudios Avanzados De IPN (CINVESTAV), Mexico
2) VSB-Technical University, Ostrava, Czech Republic
3) Hannam University, South Korea
4) Soongsil University, South Korea
5) Ball State University, USA
6) East Tennessee University, USA
7) Oklahama University, USA
8) VSB Technology University, Czech Republic
9) RWTH Aachan University, Germany
10)Carnegie Mellon University, USA
OUTCOME OF MoUs SIGNED WITH FOREIGN UNIVERSITIES
1. MoU with Soongsil University, South Korea
a. Visit of Dr. Insung Lee, Vice-President, International Affairs
The visit of Dr. Insung Lee, Vice-President of International Affairs at Soongsil University to KLU campus facilitated an MoU between KLU and Soongsil University.
b. Establishment of Center for Korean Studies
A Center for Korean Studies will be established at KLU in the academic year 2010-11 and Soongsil University will sponsor two faculty members to teach Korean.
c. Student-Exchange Program
i. As part of the program five student of Soongsil University spent a semester at KLU undergoing courses at the UG level. This includes two students currently attending classes at KLU.
ii. Ten students from KLU participated in Semester Abroad Programme at Soongsil University. The students will pay the tuition fee only to their parent institution.
2. MoU with Hannam University, South Korea
a. Prof. Kyung Tae Kim of Hannam University was in our campus during Aug-Dec, 2010 and offered a course on ‘Signals and Systems’ to the UG students of Electronics and Communication Engineering.
b. Based on the MoU, Hannam University exchanged two students with KLU and vice versa.
3. MoU with CINVESTAV, Mexico
a. Dr. S.Velumani, Coordinator of International Affairs visited KLU
b. As part of the MoU the following four PG students of KLU were selected based on their academic performance to carry out their final year thesis work:
i. Mr. P Ravikumar (Biotechnology)
ii. Ms. S Ananthi (Biotechnology)
iii. Ms. K Divya (Nanotechnology) and
iv. Ms. J Saroj (Nanotechnology)
4. MoU with Oklahama University, USA
a. Prof. Thulasiraman of Oklahma University visited KLU and spent a week at the campus offering a series of lectures to the students of M. Tech. Computer Science and Engineering.
b. He is also a joint-supervisor for a Ph.D. student of KLU
5. MoU with Ball State University, USA
a. As part of faculty exchange program Prof. Jay Bagga of Ball State University has visited the campus and offered a series of expert lectures to the M.Tech. students of Computer Science and Engineering.
b. Prof. S.Arumugam of KLU will be visiting Ball State University for offering courses.
c. Ms. Kamala Dontamsetti, Director-International Recruitment & Admission Office, KLU on Oct. 20, 2010. It was proposed that a workshop will be conducted for students from Ball State University, USA in India with KLU as a partner along with Software industry in Hyderabad and Automobile industry in Chennai.
6. MoU with East Tennessee University, USA
a. Prof. S.Arumugam of KLU will be visiting East Tennessee University for offering courses in graph theory.
7. MoU with VSB Technology University, Czech Republic
a. Prof. Peter Kovar of VSB Technology University, Czech Republic is a joint-supervisor for two Ph.D. students at KLU.
8. MoU with RWTH Aachan University, Germany
a. A MoU between RWTH, Aachan University and AKCE, the parent institution of KLU, facilitated the visit of 60 students graduated from AKCE for Masters’ programs at RWTH.
b. Dr. (Ing.) Peter W. Gold had visited the campus and offered a summer course on ‘Tribology and Acoustics in Automotives’ to the undergraduate students of Mechanical Engineering.
c. An International Conference on “Automotive Systems” was jointly organized at AKCE and RWTH at Chennai.
d. A Center for Automotive Systems and Industrial Engineering (CASIE) is also planned which will have the following laboratories:
i. Design, Modeling and Simulation Laboratory
ii. Prototyping Laboratory
iii. Autotronics Laboratory
iv. Engine and Transmission laboratory
v. Test Laboratory and Test Benches for Automobile Components
9. MoU with Carnegie Mellon University, USA
a. The Institution is one of the global partners under Universal Digital Library (UDL) project. As part of the MoU preservation of rare manuscripts of Tamil literature were digitized.
1. Prof. S. Rajapandian South Eastern Lousiana University, USA, 08-08-2010, Under water robotics\
2. Dr. S. GowriShankar Rajam CDC Atlanta, USA, 21-08-2010, Antibody therapy against infectious diseases
3. Professor N. Ayyadurai, Yeungnam University, South Korea, 31-08-2010, Non-protein amino acid in protein engineering
4. Ms. Kamala Dontamsetti, Director, International Recruitment & Admissions Office, Ball State University, Indiana, USA, 20-9-2010, Admission, Visa at Ball State University.
5. Dr. Samir Shah , Director, Penn State Commonwealth Campuses India Initiative, 11-12-2010, Opportunities in Penn State University, USA
6. Prof. BVR. Chowdary, Executive Director, NUS-India Research Initiative and GEM, Office of the Deputy President (Research & Technology), National University of Singapore, 04-03-2011, Opportunities for Higher Education and Research in National University of Singapore